What happens when you are referred to us?
- Once we receive a referral, we consider the information we have and whether we want to get further information from your GP, prior to getting in touch with you.
- If it looks like we may be a good fit for you, the next step is usually to call you to arrange a telephone assessment. If you would prefer to meet in person for this assessment, this is possible too (it may require a little more time to arrange).
- This assessment includes a series of standard questions, where we try to find out about the difficulties you are having and what help you are looking for. Don’t worry if you know what you are looking for, we will be thinking about this with you.
- After this, we discuss your wishes and needs within our service to further decide on what and who might be best able to help. While this is likely to be our team, we also will consider other services too.
- Then we will call you to discuss our recommendation and to check that this fits for you.
During this process we will share information with your GP or other relevant health professionals to help gain a fuller picture of your difficulties and to manage any concerns we may have about risk or safety. This is usual practice within NHS and health care.
So, if you think that we might be able to help and you are registered with a GP in Tower Hamlets, why not book in to see your GP, or click on the link below where you will be directed to a referral form.Self Referral